Also it has been found that infidelity rate has increased dramatically within the last twenty-five years in the United States.
Infidelity is the act of cheating on a spouse or a committed relationship partner. There are various reasons for this, ranging from a lack of satisfaction in the existing relationship to the presence of opportunity.
Why Women Cheat?
- For women, the reason behind cheating her husband is not sex. Most women cheat for an emotional connection. This fact is quite common amongst women over the age of 30. It has been found that Boulder free hookup dating sites women can have an emotional relationship with some other person without taking it to the physical level.
- When ignorance is there from their husband’s end, women choose the path of infidelity. They start a relationship with other person just for the sake of love and nothing else.When women are not satisfied emotionally they initiate an affair with some other person whom she trusts.
Why Men Cheat?
- Usually, men cheat for a single primary reason that is sex. After children are born, many men do not see their wives as sex objects, but rather they just find them as maternal figures.
- Men find sex in long-term relationships as routine or mechanical. Such feelings make men involved with some other partner just for the sake of physical adventure.
- Many men will seek sex outside of a relationship simply to see if they can do it. It is just the male ego that leads to infidelity.
When can it happen?
Infidelity can take place anytime during a relationship. However, there are certain times when the chances of cheating a partner can be higher. Also, there are certain conditions in a relationship which can gradually lead to such situation.
After completing the first year of married life, the honeymoon period ends and a couple gets settled to a routine life. This is the time when life becomes boring for some people and they start looking for some adventure outside their family which ultimately results in cheating.
Also after the first child is born, couples find that priorities of life have changed suddenly. This occurrence can sometimes become too hard to handle. Due to the need to give your attention to someone other than your husband or wife, the emotional feelings between the two change a lot. So, illegal affairs after the birth of first child can be noticed often.
During the 5th to 7th year of married life, the chances of husband and wife having an illicit affair is also high. This is due to the relationship running its natural course, and most of the goals have been achieved, and there is nothing new in life. Just to add some excitement in life, people start seeing other. Affairs occurring during this period will continue for the longest period of time as well.
Also during the middle age which is also known as the mid-life crisis, infidelity rate is high. This is the time when children are all grown and busy with their own lives. At this time a couple living together with no children to care for look for ways to establish their new identity. Hence, they try to start a new journey in their life by coming close to someone else.
Statistics on Infidelity Rate and More:
- Surveys show that 22% of married men have committed an adulterous act at least once in their life
- 14 percent of married women have had affairs at least once during their married lives